James Cook 1/3 voyage as an English captain resulted in disaster, stabbed to dying and disembowelled by way of a PC of indignant Hawaiians in 1779. The today’s Captain prepare dinner’s third tour seeing that taking fee of the national cricket crew has been just as a hit, with Alastair’s England given the Hawaiian remedy by way of Australia. But don’t despair: for the British sports fan there are plenty of reasons to be pleased.
- Our girls cricketers are thumping the Aussies, and it’s the women’s Ashes that topics, right? simply remind any passing Australian of that, and remaining summer time’s Lions excursion too, if you’ve got the time. way to seven wickets from Anya Shrubsole, they won the simplest take a look at of the multi-format series in Perth, a ground in which the men have only received as soon as. With six factors for a check win and two for every restricted overs win, Australia need to win the relaxation to regain the Ashes. (If England’s men had been gambling with this kind of machine they could be trailing 36-zero.)
- Getting engaged to his lengthy-time girlfriend Caroline Wozniacki has been right for Rory McIlroy. After a wretched 2013, the Ulsterman has commenced the 12 months with a 2nd in Abu Dhabi, and he’d have won had it not been for one of these lunatic golf rulings which supposed he lost more than one strokes because his heel changed into on a line marking a golfing cart music. However a Rory firing on all cylinders is good for golf, and Europe wants him on hot form for the Ryder Cup.
- It’s nearly Six countries time. England have an uncongenial experience to the Stade de France within the first round, however may fancy their chances in opposition to Les Bleus, who could be greater than normally mercurial, with the gamers who fancy Valérie refusing to pass to Julie’s supporters.
- It’s nevertheless early January however Manchester United have lost 4 times this year, and sit seventh within the top-quality League. For a few purpose, most of the arena unearths this very funny.
- You don’t get to mention this very regularly, however Britain ought to do thoroughly on the wintry weather Olympics. united kingdom sport has set an constructive target of three to seven medals in Sochi subsequent month, and the ultimate time Britain won 3 medals in wintry weather become in 1936. However we’re top at sliding, and Shelley Rudman could beat her silver at Turin in 2006 in the skeleton bob. Pleasingly, our top notch bobsleigh capabilities are honed at the schooling song at bathtub university, a rugged mountain centre if ever there was one. properly, it’s far a winter spa I think.
Putin’s iciness games might be epic. they may be his infant, in the end, with or without Sir Elton. Already they have fee more than all the past 21 wintry weather games mixed and at $51 billion are more costly even than Beijing.